Friday, January 4, 2013

Scrap the Resolutions: RADIATE!

Happy 2013! Of course, with a new year comes new resolutions: plans to "change your life" in the coming year. For most of us, however, resolutions typically end up failing. A great friend of mine (check her out at neadinspiration.com!) is currently campaigning for New Years "themes" rather than resolutions. The whole point of this is to set yourself up for success instead of failure. By choosing a theme for the year ahead of us, we aren't setting strict laws that we have to abide by. There is no law or rule that is be broken by skipping a day at the gym. Instead, we are setting the stage for how we want to live out the year and how we want to improve our life. As my friend Liz says, this theme will be "a home base for all your actions and improvements."

So of course, I have decided to scrap my New Years resolutions this year! What is my theme for 2013, you may ask? I have chosen "radiate!" By the end of this past semester, I was quite honestly a wreck. I was absolutely exhausted. I just wasn't letting myself be the carefree, happy-go-lucky person that I typically am. Now, it isn't that I completely overworked myself or that I had overcommitted during the semester. I simply got into the "flow" of life, where every single day is the same. This causes all of the days to run together, and life gets quite boring! I have incredible plans for my future, and college is a huge part of that. So how can I take advantage of this time that is given to me this next year and this coming semester? By choosing the theme "radiate," I am setting myself up to live a more exciting, more inspiring life in 2013. I know that I can be that happy-go-lucky, carefree person if I let myself be, which can really affect those around me! I want to be so enthusiastic and excited about my life that it radiates and encourages others as well!

I am so excited about 2013, and I know that great things are yet to come! I am ready to RADIATE!



Check out Liz's blog on New Year's themes here.

Need ideas for your own theme? No problem! Read through this list of themes!

No comments:

Post a Comment